Dwarka is a sub city, located in the South West Delhi district of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It is named after the legendary Dwarka Kingdom. Some parts of modern day Dwarka historically came under the colony of Pappan Kalan, which are now being developed under the 'Urban Expansion Projects' of the Delhi Development Authority. One of the largest residential areas in Asia, it is supposed to have a "Zero Tolerance" policy towards common misuses of land and the transgressions of any existing laws and regulations, such as encroachments, which are frequently thought to be flouted in other parts of Delhi. It is also frequently referred to as the "Model Township" and is also thought to be the most organised and cleanest of all parts of Delhi and nearby townships. Dwarka also showcases the most developed road network for any colony in Delhi and nearby townships. Unlike Gurgaon or Noida, Dwarka has been developed mainly as a residential township which has translated to only few congestion problems faced by its residents every now and then. Dwarka is also known for its higher quality and much better maintained infrastructure like roads etc. which many believe sets it apart from nearby townships.
- India's first Science and Technology Park, NSIT Campus
- Airport Express Metro Line
- Vegas mall sector 14
- Eros Metro Mall, sector 14
- Dwarka Expressway, starting from Dwarka sector 21, and connecting Palam Vihar and SEZS In Gurgaon to join NH8.
- New Delhi's second diplomatic enclave after Chanakya Puri to come up is in Sectors 26 to 29. The diplomatic enclave will house embassies of at least 39 nations.
- Proposed Delhi's 5th largest ISBT at Sector 22.
- 7 Sports Complexes have been planned in the sub city, of which 1 has been constructed by DDA and is fully functional at Sector 11
- India's largest Exhibition and Convention Center to be built by DLF in Sector 24
- Several 5 and 7 star hotels have also been planned across the sub city.
- Wyndham by Ramada Group, Sector 10
- The Park Hotel at Sector 13
- Vivanta by Taj Hotels
- World class Metro service
- Liberal provision of open space and greenery.
- Sub City Central Green ( Bharat Vandana Park )
- Metropolitan Passenger Terminal ( ISBT, Directional Rail Terminal )
- Integrated Freight Complex (IFC )
- Modern Health and Education Facilities
- Kargil Housing ( Vijay Veer Awas )
- Defense, SPG & CRPF Complex
- Social cultural centre & International Convention Centre
- Linea District Centre
- Mixed Land Use
- Proposed Golf Course etc.